Hey WiseTake Family this is CK013 covering “Straight Cash Home” for Patio Joe. Patio Joe will return but don’t worry we will make sure the cash game articles are covered. Patio Joe has a Cash Game template he goes by and I happen to like it. I will be writing up the top cash plays at each position based off of his cash game preferred template.
Patio Joe leaves for Vegas today for the Fantasy Football Championship Draft (season long), hit him up on twitter @PatioJoeRef and wish him luck. Taught him how to periscope too so look out!!
Straight Cash Homie w/CK013
PITCHERS: Patio Joe generally pays up for the top pitcher on the slate, biggest favorite, etc. On this slate there really isn’t a top stud you must have.
- Max Scherzer – Not very complicated here Mad Max has a match-up with the K happy Phillies. He may give up a bomb or two that’s just what Max does but the K’s will be there so his floor is very high.
- Patrick Corbin – He has pitched extremely well and like Cuse said on the pod last night, he has pitched particularly well at home. The Padres strikeout a ton so despite a more risky park, his floor seems pretty high as well and of course the upside is there.
- Yu Darvish – He’s been struggling since his dominant Dodger debut in Citi Field but he’s a huge favorite and the Rockies do provide K upside. They got to Kershaw a bit last night so his ownership may reduced but he’s acceptable though not a preferred option.
- Marcus Stroman – Seems like its been a while since I’ve had interest in Stroman but it’s there against these Tigers. Stroman’s K-upside and the Tigers weak line-up should provide a nice littler floor and his price on DK isn’t bad considering the match-up.
- Drew Pomeranz – Very good price on DK as an SP2. Rays provide the floor and Pomeranz provides the upside.
CATCHER: Joe generally pays down at catcher. $2700 below is my mark. I will list the best play but please look at the value section for the catcher I like.
Gary Sanchez – Gary the Goat against a lefty in the hot Texas sun fresh off his suspension.
Kevan Smith – Smith is a guy we prefer against lefties and we have one in Matt Moore.
Sal Perez – Terrible BvP against Gibson but he bats in the middle of the order and seems to be heating up with three home runs in his last three games, including two last night.
Travis d’Arnaud – Match-up against a lefty, cheap and may bat in the middle of the order.
FIRST BASE: Joe generally pays up for a first base. These days there are always high priced options in good spots. Most offensive production comes from first base and third base.
Paul Goldschmidt – Good BvP against Lyle (if he plays).
Edwin Encarnacion – Good BvP against Miley plus he mashes lefties.
Joey Votto – Disappointed yesterday but still he’s been consistent enough that we have to consider him against Seth Lugo.
Freddie Freeman – At home in the park built for Freddie, and he’s been heating up. Reports of the wrist injury maybe floating around but he’s looked pretty good to me.
Eric Hosmer – Solid BvP against Santana.
SECOND BASE: Joe generally pays down for a player that is batting at the top of the order that is $2600 or below but this is an 8 game slate with limited options.
Jose Altuve – No explanation needed.
Robinson Cano – Good BvP against Nolasco.
Daniel Murphy – Doesn’t K much and has a match-up with a young righty.
Starlin Castro – Match-up against a lefty and good hitting conditions.
Josh Donaldson – Buck Farmer and bad bullpen, Donaldson has been heating up.
Jake Lamb – Great price, I know he’s struggling but he has a match-up with Lyles.
Yandy Diaz – Cheap and batting third.
SHORT STOP: Joe generally pays down at SS.
Fransisco Lindor – Good BvP against Miley and he’s having a solid season.
Carlos Correa – Good BvP and a good player.
Marcus Semien – Purely a BvP play, owns him.
Zack Cozart – Back to the well against Lugo.
Tim Anderson – If he plays I like him leading off against Matt Moore.
OUTFIELD- Joe will generally pay down at least 1 OF position $2500 or below, perhaps even two depending on the pitcher. He usually tries to pay up for one elite OF.
- Nelson Cruz
- Justin Upton
- Aaron Judge
- Shin-Soo Choo
- Matt Kemp
- Christian Yelich
- Scott Schebler
- Adam Duvall
- Austin Jackson
VALUE SECTION: The following players are the value plays of the day, which are players where price meets, where they are batting in the line-up. Players that can hit value easily because Their salary is so low. It is essential to have value players in your cash game line-up in order to be successful.
C- D’Arnau, S. Perez, Elias Diaz, Hicks, McCann, K. Smith
1B- Napoli, Tommy Joseph, Dom Smith
2B- Solarte, Asuaje, Sogard
3B- Matt Davidson, J. Candelario, Rio Ruiz, Yandy Diaz
SS – J.P. Crawford
OF- Phillip Ervin, Brandon Guyer, Harrison Bader, Piscotty, Cesar Puello, Peter Bourjos, Matt Szczur