Playing NFL Daily Fantasy Sports this season? Considering rocking with the WiseTake Nation as your DFS community and premium content provider. We will be offering articles, live streams, cheat sheets and our slack chat (for monthly or season pass members) to keep you on the top plays of each week.
Come learn how to be a better daily fantasy sports player, and start this season off with a bang. For more information on our DFS memberships click here.
The NFL is officially back in our lives and this season should be nothing short of spectacular. Over the Next few weeks I will be releasing Top 10 lists for each position from a season long fantasy league perspective. I will also add DFS commentary wherever applicable. As a general rule, I like to take stands against the general consensus Top 10’s around the industry because the NFL is the most unpredictable sport and rarely do the preseason projections match the final results. If I am bullish on a particular player I have no problem reaching for that guy over the consensus ADP’s to get the guys I want. I plan to update these articles leading up to opening day as there will be injuries, guys holding out, and role changes throughout the preseason that impact the rankings.
Top 10 Tight Ends
1. Travis Kelce – I think this is consensus around the industry. He plays on the highest scoring offense, rarely gets injured, and has over 1000 yards receiving in the last 3 seasons. He was 10th in targets and yards among all skill players last season.
2. George Kittle – I have Kittle close to Kelce in overall rankings. Last season he had more yards than Kelce and is getting an upgrade in QB this year. I also love that he is esssentially the #1 option in the pass game for this team. I expect his touch down total to increase significantly this season.
3. Zach Ertz – Ertz was second in all of the NFL in receptions last season and top 15 in Touchdowns. He also should get a full season with Wentz who has MVP talent and loves throwing to Ertz. This team is deep and has a lot of mouths to feed, which is the only negative you can really point to.
4. Hunter Henry – If I miss one of the top 3 my plan is to target Henry. This is a great system and situation for Henry with plenty of upside. If the Gordon holdout drags on he becomes either the #2a or #2b option in the offense. He scored 8 TD’s in 2016 in 10 games and is finally back to full health in an offense that should do plenty of scoring.
5. OJ Howard – Before his season got cut short after 9 games, Howard was on his way to a TE #4 season. He had 550 yards and 5 TD’s through 9 games. If you average that out over a full season you are looking at 1000 yards and 9 TDs. They also let go of Desean Jackson and Adam Humphries which should increase his market share.
6. Evan Engram – The departure of Odell Beckham and the lack of depth at WR have Engra poised for a breakout season. Unfortunately, he will have Eli throwing him the ball and the Giants O-line not getting the offense enough protection so his production will be sporadic. Still should push for 1000 Yards and 8-10 TD’s in a full season.
7. Delanie Walker – When healthy he is dependable for 800 yards and 6-8 TDs. He has a good relationship with Marriotta and the Titans are very thin at WR. If you can’t get the top 6 guys, sit back and take Walker in the late rounds.
8. Vance McDonald – If this guy could stay healthy he would be a top 5 guy. His injury concerns are so serious his coaches only plan to use him on 60% of plays. With AB gone this offense will need to use Vance more often and I think 10 TD’s is not out of the question.
9. Jared Cook – Cook was the only option on the Raiders offense last year and he went for 900 yards and 6 TD’s. Moving into the saints offense I think the yard will decrease but the TD’s could improve. I think he is going higher then his value and I have not ended up with him on any of my teams.
10. Austin Hooper – I am crazy bullish on this Falcons offense and was impressed with Hoopers improvement last season. I would expect him to improve on his 660 yards and 4 TD’s and do not mind drafting him very late as my TE #1 if I miss on the top 5 or 6.