Hey WiseTake Family this is CK013 covering “Straight Cash Home” for Patio Joe. Patio Joe will return but don’t worry we will make sure the cash game articles are covered. Patio Joe has a Cash Game template he goes by and I happen to like it. I will be writing up the top cash plays at each position based off of his cash game preferred template.
Straight Cash Homie w/CK013
14 GAME SLATE. I’m here to break it down your best cash options and make the decision making process a little easier.
PITCHERS: Patio Joe generally pays up for the top pitcher on the slate, biggest favorite, etc. On this slate there really isn’t a top stud you must have.
- Alex Wood – I’m surprised with how cheap Alex Wood is on DraftKings. He is a large favorite and had a decent outing against the potent D-Backs. The White Sox were hot but they still strikeout in bunches and Alex Wood is a huge favorite at home, he feels relatively safe.
- Sonny Gray – He’s a favorite and the Mets have struck out a bunch lately. Sonny feels pretty safe here and it’s his first start at home in the Bronx.
- Jacob deGrom – He’s on the road but the Yankees strikeout a lot and its deGrom. He’s lower on the list because he’s an underdog and he’s got a bruised tricep so I am a little concerned but if your not worried the floor should be there as deGrom should be able to rack up a bunch of Ks pretty quickly.
- Danny Salazar – He’s pitched well since returning from the DL and the Twins strikeout a bunch. He is expensive on DraftKings and some of these Twins have decent BvP which is a little alarming, he should still draw some ownership though in cash.
Lower Cost Options:
- Danilson Lamet – Like this kid’s stuff, big K-upside. His hard contact rate is a little concerning but his K-rate is too good to ignore at home against the Phillies. Lamet as an SP2 on DraftKings can certainly help on a slate with expensive pitchers at the top.
CATCHER: Joe generally pays down at catcher. $2700 below is my mark. I will list the best play but please look at the value section for the catcher I like.
Y. Grandal – Match-up with Miguel Gonzalez, look to see if he bats in the middle of the order.
Yadi Molina – He has been hot and his entire team has been hot. He’s expensive but if you want to pay up he has a park boost and I’m not afraid of Porcello.
Tyler Flowers – Coors against a righty and should bat higher in the order.
Manny Pina – Nova hasn’t looked good lately at all and he gets a big park downgrade.
FIRST BASE: Joe generally pays up for a first base. These days there are always high priced options in good spots. Most offensive production comes from first base and third base.
Bellinger – He’s that damn good and he gets Miguel Gonzalez. This kid is hot and has been mashing right handed pitching, check his stats.
Encarnarcion – E5 against Bartolo Colon.
Joey Votto – Very good BvP against Hendricks, 7-for-13 with two homers.
Eric Thames – Again Nova has been bad lately and Thames may be heating up, big power and a small park.
SECOND BASE: Joe generally pays down for a player that is batting at the top of the order that is $2600 or below but this is an 8 game slate with limited options.
Kipnis – If he’s back is priced really low and even though he hasn’t played, its a lefty against Bartolo for cheap.
Neil Walker – Walker has to play well it’s his contract year and his name has injury concerns attached to it. He gets a park upgrade in Milwaukee and gets a match-up with Nova.
Scooter Gennett – Cheap and gets Hendricks coming off of the DL.
Carlos Asuaje – Super punt 2B but Mark Leiter hasn’t proven himself yet, again price punt on FD.
THIRD BASE: Joe generally pays up for a top play at third base (along with first base). The most production comes from third base.NOTE: If we see someone cheaper batting at the top of the order, consider them for sure. We are willing to punt here if there are cheap guys at the top of the order.
Arenado – Lefty match-up in Coors, we know Arenado crushes left handed pitching.
Travis Shaw – Great BvP against Nova, seems to be a theme with Milwaukee but he’s 10-for-13 with three homers.
Devers – He has been red hot still, hit two homers yesterday and Leake’s weakness is lefties.
Justin Turner – Miguel Gonzalez.
SHORT STOP: Joe generally pays down at SS.
Tim Beckham – Been red hot and has a match-up against a lefty again.
Villar – Leading off today so the at-bats will be there Nova has been bad.
Corey Seager – Kid hits the ball hard and Miguel Gonzalez.
Paul DeJong – Been on fire lately, big upside.
OUTFIELD- Joe will generally pay down at least 1 OF position $2500 or below, perhaps even two depending on the pitcher. He usually tries to pay up for one elite OF.
- Nelson Cruz
- B. Hamilton
C – Ramos, Hedges, Victor Caratini
1B – NONE
2B –Kipnis, Scooter Gennett, Carlos Asuaje, Tommy La Stella
3B – NONE
SS –Bogaerts, Arcia, Aviles
OF – Maybin, Kendrick, M. Smith, A. Frazier, Rhys Hoskins