Hey WiseTake Family this is CK013 covering “Straight Cash Home” for Patio Joe. Patio Joe will return but don’t worry we will make sure the cash game articles are covered. Patio Joe has a Cash Game template he goes by and I happen to like it. I will be writing up the top cash plays at each position based off of his cash game preferred template.
Straight Cash Homie w/CK013
PITCHERS: Patio Joe generally pays up for the top pitcher on the slate, biggest favorite, etc. On this slate there really isn’t a top stud you must have.
- Corey Kluber – Kluber is the elite option even though Boston doesn’t K much. In GPPs I do have concerns about Kluber’s ceiling here but in cash I think Kluber provides a certain level of safety being such a large favorite.
- Luis Severino – Tigers strikeout a bunch against right handed pitching and Severino has a lot of K upside himself. He is a big favorite and also has the K match-up for a raised floor.
- Marcus Stroman – He draws a solid strikeout match-up which raises his floor a bit. He isn’t too big a favorite which is a bit worrisome in cash but still he is certainly a decent cash option.
- Zack Goldley – Sticking with the attack the Mets theme.
Lower Cost Options:
- Drew Pomeranz – I know the Indians are known for not striking out too much but they have been striking out a bit more lately especially against left handed pitching. The total is low in this game which leads me to believe both teams may have an issue putting up runs.
- Luke Weaver – Weaver isn’t exactly a safe pitcher but his match-up provides a lot of strikeout upside. On DK he is in consideration but read the line movements here. If you can find a way to pay up at both DK spots then that may be safer.
- Mike Fiers – Nationals offense isn’t impressing many lately and they do strikeout. Fiers isn’t typically someone I play in cash but his price is decent for an SP2 on DK.
CATCHER: Joe generally pays down at catcher. $2700 below is my mark. I will list the best play but please look at the value section for the catcher I like.
FIRST BASE: Joe generally pays up for a first base. These days there are always high priced options in good spots. Most offensive production comes from first base and third base.
SECOND BASE: Joe generally pays down for a player that is batting at the top of the order that is $2600 or below but this is an 8 game slate with limited options.
THIRD BASE: Joe generally pays up for a top play at third base (along with first base). The most production comes from third base.NOTE: If we see someone cheaper batting at the top of the order, consider them for sure. We are willing to punt here if there are cheap guys at the top of the order.
SHORT STOP: Joe generally pays down at SS.
OUTFIELD- Joe will generally pay down at least 1 OF position $2500 or below, perhaps even two depending on the pitcher. He usually tries to pay up for one elite OF.
- George Springer
- Giancarlo Stanton
- Nicky Delmonico
- Rhys Hoskins
- David Peralta
- Kyle Schwarber
- JD Martinez
- Aaron Judge
- Eddie Rosario
C –Jorge Alfaro, Chris Iannetta, Ramos, Montero, Centeno, Chirinos
1B – K. Morales, T. Joseph, Dominic Smith, Adrian Gonzalez
2B –Daniel Descalso, Tommy La Stella, Carlos Asuaje
3B –Maikel Franco, Evan Longoria
SS –Peraza, Ahmed Rosario,
OF – Brandon Nimmo, Jon Jay, Carlos Beltran,