Hey WiseTake Family this is CK013 covering “Straight Cash Home” for Patio Joe. Patio Joe will return but don’t worry we will make sure the cash game articles are covered. Patio Joe has a Cash Game template he goes by and I happen to like it. I will be writing up the top cash plays at each position based off of his cash game preferred template.
Straight Cash Homie w/CK013
PITCHERS: Patio Joe generally pays up for the top pitcher on the slate, biggest favorite, etc. On this slate there really isn’t a top stud you must have.
- Rich Hill – He’s the favorite here and Arizona has been bad on the road even to lefties. Plus we can look to take advantage of the Coor’s hangover we have witnessed.
- Jose Berrios – Solid park for pitching and a match-up that strikes out a lot. Berrios is an underdog which is concerning and in GPPs he maybe fade worthy, however for now I do think he will be popular enough to take a shot on. The game total is dropping here too.
- Robby Ray – Ray makes the list purely based on his recent history with the Dodgers. His floor seems super high here against a team he has managed double-digit strikeouts in both in LA and in PHX. Ray is a big underdog which is not usually cash game worthy but his floor just seems high here.
- Rick Porcello – Pitched well against these Blue Jays last time out in Toronto but winds are blowing out in Boston tonight. Still, he’s a decent favorite and at home so we will call him an option.
Lower Cost Options:
- Alex Cobb – You may be able to stomach this better in GPPs but as an SP2 on DraftKings this guy is in play. Cobb has quietly pitched better recently and the Twins are projected for less than four runs, not to mention Cobb is the favorite here.
CATCHER: Joe generally pays down at catcher. $2700 below is my mark. I will list the best play but please look at the value section for the catcher I like.
FIRST BASE: Joe generally pays up for a first base. These days there are always high priced options in good spots. Most offensive production comes from first base and third base.
SECOND BASE: Joe generally pays down for a player that is batting at the top of the order that is $2600 or below but this is an 8 game slate with limited options.
THIRD BASE: Joe generally pays up for a top play at third base (along with first base). The most production comes from third base.NOTE: If we see someone cheaper batting at the top of the order, consider them for sure. We are willing to punt here if there are cheap guys at the top of the order.
SHORT STOP: Joe generally pays down at SS.
OUTFIELD- Joe will generally pay down at least 1 OF position $2500 or below, perhaps even two depending on the pitcher. He usually tries to pay up for one elite OF.
- Giancarlo Stanton
- Howie Kendrick
- Ender Inciarte
- Christian Yelich
- Carlos Gomez
- Marcell Ozuna
- Chris Taylor
- Ezequiel Carrera